Sunday, April 20, 2014

Day 3 by Amir

City of David - The first thing we did was go into the tunnels. The first one was filled with water and for half of the walk through the tunnel it was alright. But then without any warning one of my flip flops got caught on a rock and was almost ripped apart. After that I was walking bare foot and it wasn't a fun experience. For the rest of the day I walked so much I actually made a new enemy and it's called stairs!
Davidson Archaeological Centre -  now this part of the day was great. For me it was so interesting because we got to see the different structures from  different  time periods and there were a couple exhibits that had ancient coins. Then we were off for lunch and I just had fries and a coke. The fries were pretty good  and the shops were cool. I bought a necklace that has a bullet attached to it so.
Kotel Tunnels -  that was kind of  cool. We had a really nice tour of the place. They showed  us a
huge stone under the western wall and to be honest I was at awe about how they were able to move  it.
The Kotel -  when I was at the Kotel it was absolutely the most moving experience of my life and I really enjoyed it. I really felt connected to g-d and to my own Jewish identity. The best part of it was actually touching the wall because it reminded me about all the times I came to the Kotel as a kid and that no matter where you live you will always be at home in Israel.

Today's pictures:
City of David
Davidson Archaeological Centre - learning how the huge stones were moved and an ancient mikvah
At the Kotel
Gag Ha Olam (the rooftop of the world) where you can see all 4 quarters of the Old City
















no matter where u are or where u live your home will always be Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment